Wise County schools are dismissing at 12:30 today.
Wise County schools are dismissing at 12:30 today.
A high of 86 (which it wont hit until about 2:00), partly cloudy, with rain in the forecast, and schools are closing even earlier "due to heat"? (according to the Wise co. schools website)
That's messed up.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
haven't you learned anything...wise county schools are messed up
Remind me again why they started the year so early.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remind me again why they started the year so early. </div></div>
Under the pretense of completing the fall semester prior to Christmas break. But I suspect it may be partly due to administrators that easily succumb to the whims of the parents.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Under the pretense of completing the fall semester prior to Christmas break. But I suspect it may be partly due to administrators that easily succumb to the whims of the parents. </div></div>
Which is is more than likely the premise behind the schedule changes.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I've heard that argument too, but I don't really understand the logic (or lack thereof) being used. What is the Big Woop if they don't close out the semester before Christmas break? We never used to and I don't remember anyone dying from it. If you look at the published school calendar, baring any snow day cancellations (I know thats very unlikely, BUT) the last day of school with students attending would be May 19th....WHAT??!!!! What is so wrong with going a week or two into June like we used to do? We started about the third week of August and school ended around the first week or so of June and we never heard anything about problems with it being "too hot". I know its been stifling in the classrooms this year, but wouldn't that be a prime reason for starting a little later. I mean a couple weeks could make a big difference in the temperatures since they do tend to start going back down by the first of September.
And, another thing about this school calendar......why is the Christmas break SOOOOO LOOONNNNGGGG. Exams (1/2 days) on Dec. 19th & 20th and then no school for students until the 7th, yes 7th, of January. There's more breaks in this schedule than an entire box of peanut brittle. Can I get an Amen from the choir??!!! I urge everyone to take the time to check out the schedule presented on the WCS website. Its down right upsetting to me.
......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......
And where do/did you go? All schools around here are pretty messed up...
"One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula
My brother came home today early and I was wondering what happened..
The awesome Wise County school system in action!
Officially retired
The school will be dismissing at 12:30 for the remainder of the week.
Bookmarks